August 2, 2009

...in the shop now...patricia bravo revive

A while ago I wrote a post about another Patricia Bravo line. I intended to write up this current post soon after, but incoming fabrics and vacations made me forget all about it! So although this is later than I intended to introduce you to Revive, it's still a great time because this line is PERFECT for summer! With colors like turquoise, sea green and crisp white, and designs reminiscent of tropical islands and the ocean, you'll be taken away to a relaxing, tropical getaway...or at least to the beach or pool with your family! Take a look at these fabrics and tell me they don't just scream summer...

Sea Graphic Bloom


Eggshell Flower Fusion


Blue Restful Medallions


Fresh Wispy Seedheads


And when you group them all together you can see how well all the individual colors just blend from one design into the next. And did you notice how Sea Graphic Bloom has those Wispy Seedheads running through the pattern? Love it!



Now, as I've mentioned before, I'm just starting out in the sewing world and I'm a little intimidated with the whole process of "making" something, but this fabric has inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and attempt something new! I have a bag pattern that has been sitting in a drawer in my studio for quite a while now and I think this fabric is perfect for it.

And, if the bag goes well, I have lofty goals of making one of Patricia's quilts, seen hanging to the left of Patricia in this photo from her Quilt Market blog entry:

This photo is property of Patricia Bravo / Art Gallery Fabrics and was used with permission.
Please do not reprint, copy or use without permission from them.


Patricia is one of the feature designers in Quilt Magazine's Oct-Nov issue (hitting stores very soon!) and this quilt will be featured! I can't wait to get my copy! If these fabrics have me ready to make a quilt, then you know they must be inspiring!

And if you need a little more inspiration, check out Patricia's blog for lots of great ideas, photos, tutorials and even free projects! In the meantime, head over to the shop and check out these perfect summer fabrics!


For the love of fabric,


fabric fan

0 comments:

Post a Comment